Saturday, February 14, 2009

Episode Twenty Five: "I thought I was looking at my mother's old douche-bag, but that's in Ohio."



Here, a day early is Episode Twenty Five: "I thought I was looking at my mother's old douche-bag, but that's in Ohio."

This episode is a bit of a departure for us. We pick up the reigns from Outside the Cinema in a show of solidarity and address a listener that crosses the line. Perhaps they have a "Touch of Evil."

But, before that, we discuss some new releases and some older titles that we have seen. After that, we talk about one of our favorite shows.

Ben joins us again for some in show music and believe it or not, the hiss is gone!

In this episode we feature music from
Heretix (My Favorite Hooker)
Thomas Dolby (She Blinded Me With Science)
Barenaked Ladies (Big Bang Theory Theme)
and as usual, our closing song
Killer Dwarfs (We Stand Alone)

Visit Ben on his youtube channel,
http://www.youtube.com/user/perkinsben

Don't forget to check out the band that recorded our theme
myspace.com/thefineprintband
those guys are great!

Call us at 206-338-3094
or write
areyouseriouspodcast@gmail.com
join the community at:
popsyndicate.com.forums

3 comments:

  1. I listened to your show (as long as you were talking about me). Thanks for the spell check. I have checked that error. I do struggle with each post.

    Your show 25 in which you eviscerated me had many good points. I especially enjoyed the flannel sheets remark.

    Now that I have heard my letter read twice aloud, I have to say it contains some very tortuous syntax. Maybe it is just too long-winded. I like that the letter has had such a long and fruitful life. I never expected it to do anything except get placed into the crank file. Since then I guess I have risen to the bait more than once. I’m an idiot.

    My podcast is not ready for consumption. I didn't think anyone would notice the links yet. I am still learning and the first ten shows will not be ready for a few months.

    When they are in the can, I would invite your comments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As you can tell, we are still learning as well! I'm glad you enjoyed (?) the show. It's nice to hear that you have a good sense of humor. We did get carried away and when I listened to it again it seemed pretty harsh.

    I am now the new co-host of Outside the Cinema (I have replaced Ryan) maybe you can give it another shot?

    Good luck with the show. I will check it out when it's ready.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As you pointed out on your show 25, while I had listened to OTC for many months (before my crank letter), I never did get a handle on who was who as hosts. That was less important to me, as I was listening to learn about movies.

    I would truly be the jerk you described if I didn't accept your kind invitation. I will definitely tune in again to OTC.

    And in the future, I will put my poison pen away. And make my points (if any) as a kindred spirit instead of a would-be snob…hole.

    ReplyDelete